- Saturday June 24 – JHaus
- Saturday July 1 – Johnny irish
- Sunday July 2 – Johnny irish
- Tuesday July 4th – 2 for one Bloody Mary and mimosas from 10-12
- Saturday July 8 – JHaus
- Saturday July 15 –
- Sunday July 16 – Pepe Cardona of “alive and kicking”
- Saturday July 22 – Johnny irish
- Sunday July 23 – Johnny irish
- Sunday July 30 – Johnny irish
- Saturday August 12 – JHaus
- Sunday August 20 – Pepe Cardona of “alive and kicking”
- Saturday August 26 – JHaus
- Saturday September 2 – JHaus
- Sunday September 3 – Johnny irish
- Saturday June 25 – JHaus
- Saturday July 2 – JHaus
- Sunday July 3 – Pepe
- Saturday July 9 – JHaus
- Saturday July 16 – Gerald Bair
- Sunday July 17 – Gerald Bair
- Saturday July 23 – Johnny Irish
- Sunday July 31 – Gerald Bair
- Saturday Aug 6 – JHaus
- Saturday Aug 13 – Johnny Irish
- Sunday August 14 – Gerald Bair
- Saturday Aug 20 – Gerald Bair
- Sunday Aug 21 – Pepe
- Saturday Aug 27 – Gerald Bair
- Sunday Aug 28 – Gerald Bair
- Saturday Sept 3 – JHaus
ROCK THE PARK with COLIN SMITH BAND
Featuring: Colin Smith on vocals
(featured with Christina Aguilera Band world tour)
Tony Bruno lead guitarist (from Rihanna and Joan Jett world tours)
Brett Bass and John Clancy (from Enrique Iglesias world tour)
2 for 1 Hurricane drink specials, poolside, 1/2 price bacardi hour
Sponsored by Lorraine’s Wines, Figeuza Ale and Fi Brewery beers!
Featuring Pepe Cardona of Alive & Kicking!
Happy Hour w/ hors d‘oeuvres served Saturday, June 15
We are kicking of the season, starting with our 25th anniversary party on Saturday June 15. Yup, we are here for 25 years. This year we are introducing our new look, revamped web site, new cottages and Historic Crows Nest look out which is to be lit up for the first time in over 50 years. Stay tuned for more details. Partnered and Sponsored with/by local wine merchant, and Manhattan Beer, this special event will have something for all.
In 2006, Rose DiGangi was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma, a malignant Brain Tumor. After a courageous battle, Rose passed away on October 20th, 2007. In her memory, the DiGangi Family has raised awareness in support for Brain Tumor Research. Since it’s first event in 2007, approximately $350,000 has been raised and donated towards research programs of The American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA). Join the DiGangi’s and “Run For Rose” to help battle this aggressive disease. Come out and join the DiGangi Family and friends for a great day at the beach!
NOTE NEW TOURNAMENT FORMAT
Big prize money. SATURDAY & SUNDAY October 11-12
• FISHERMAN MEETING AT FRIDAY after last FERRY ARRIVES.
• TOURNAMENT STARTS WITH CHECK IN at Sunrise on SATURDAY AT HOTEL LOBBY AND ENDS @ 5 P.M. SUNDAY
• WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT HURRICANE’S on ROCK THE PARK PARTY on Saturday on October 11.
• $50 ENTRY FEE
• PRIZE $$ AWARDED TO 1ST, 2ND, & 3RD PLACE
• PRIZE MONEY WILL BE DISTRIBUTED BASED ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES
• 2014 PRIZE MONEY ESTIMATED AT $7,500
• HOTEL ROOMS FOR CONTESTANTS $99-$149 PER NIGHT (PLUS TAXES), non-contestants $159-$199
THIRD WEEKEND IN AUGUST w rain date SECOND WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER – subject to ocean condition and forecast. Details being worked out.
SURFER PHOTO CONTEST
In conjunction with the Surfing Tournament, we will be looking to vote on best submitted surf(er) photo (or video) on FI for the months of May, June, July and August. 1 winner each month. Photo winner (surfer or photographer) will win framed print AND free pints of beer (Hurricane’s or Rocket-fuels) for the month at Hurricane’s! Details being worked out. Follow us on facebook (www.facebook.com/fireislandhotel) for Surf photos, contest report.
After extensive renovation, we are looking for names with flare for our cabins A, B, C and D. We have some names in mind, but are looking for you to provide us with the name. Pick a name that is used and we will offer up free overnight stays at the hotel. Pick all four and get a free week! Good Luck.
EMPLOYEE OPEN HOUSE
“Whas up dude!” Every Tuesday is Fire Island Hotel Employee open house pool time. All Fire Island Hotel employees are welcome at Hurricane’s Tiki bar throughout the summer. Chill out, Grab a lounge chair poolside or hammock on the South Lawn and enjoy a cocktail and lunch every Tuesday from 11 AM – 3 PM . Thanks for the hard work you put in for the summer!
THE FIRE ISLAND HOTEL MUSIC SERIES
Saturday, May 31, 2-6PM: Pop Rocker
Every Saturday in June and July, 2-5PM: JHaus , A South Shore Favorite
Friday Night Acoustic & Jazz Series
Sunday, June 15 Pepe Cardona and son Tim Cardona of Brooklyn band “Alive & Kicking
Every Friday, June (20) – August , 7-10PM: The Paul Johnson Jazz Combo
Saturday July 12 & Sunday July 13 Rock the Park with Colin Smith Band
Saturday August 2 Nice & Ill Band ‘Beach Party,’ launching their new MTV video
Sunday August 10 Pepe Cardona of Alive and Kicking